The Sector is responsible for safety, efficacy, and quality of human, veterinary, herbal, and cosmetic products. Depending through a series of procedure’s and controls in accordance with approved international stander.
Drugs sector objectives:
To do so, the Sector handles tasks such as:
- Registration the pharmaceutical products and companies by Evaluating safety, efficacy, and quality
- Pricing of the pharmaceutical products.
- Developing, reviewing and amending the regulations related to the human, veterinary, herbal and cosmetic medicines according to the international guidelines.
- Post-marketing surveillance of pharmaceutical products and pharmacovigilance activities.
- Evaluating the safety of cosmetic products (Cosmetovigilance).
- Ensuring the availability of the products in the local market through track and trace system (RASD).
- Providing scientific and pharmaceutical information to the consumer and issuing a periodical bulletin for the healthcare practitioners.
- Coordinating with the Ministry of Health and other governmental sectors to promote the safety of regulated products.
- Encouraging and supporting the national pharmaceutical industry in various situations.
- Representing the kingdom of Saudi Arabia in regional and international bodies and organizations in the filed of pharmaceutical products